- Photo Gallery
- Details & Specifications
- Prices & Booking
- Our advice
- To discover...
- His Region
Discover the villa Zelie
Kind of villa :
Villa alone Villas with detached houses
Location of the villa :
Close to cultural sites (< 30min) Close to fitted out beach? Close to golf course Close to ocean (<15 min by car) Close to Surf school (< 30min)
Direct view of the villa :
Rice fields view
Kind of decoration :
Modern old Furniture
Local spirit contemporary
Bali Premium is happy to present this this luxury property.
Set amongst Canggu’s picturesque rice fields, this spectacular five-bedroom property is evocative of a traditional rural community from many moons ago, so it’s quite a surprise to discover that the villa was only completed in 2013.
An architectural masterpiece, the villa comprises antique Joglo-style dwellings transported from Java and a magnificent open-sided living pavilion. Rectangular shaped, constructed almost entirely of fine old teak wood and topped with a distinctive cone-shaped serap (ironwood) roof, the joglos have been subtly modified to form four detached bedrooms; luxuriously appointed and extended with porches and modern-style tropical bathrooms. Much more than mere places to rest, these authentic dwellings set serenely within the villa’s expansive gardens are infused with Indonesian heritage and individual character and charm.
The living pavilion also boasts-beautifully aged timbers especially teak and a high serap roof; its traditional touches complemented with antique ornaments and furniture and intricately carved ceilings. this expansive open-sided, open-plan building is, however, stylishly contemporary, presenting a contrasting modern-Indonesian look. Although a marvelous example of architectural heritage, the villa doesn’t forgo present-day comforts, which include a 20m infinity-edge pool, iPod docks and plasma satellite TVs.
Berawa Beach is just a five-minute stroll from this peaceful sanctuary of exceptional taste, and several world-class surfing beaches along this lovely south-west coastline – including surfers haunt, Echo Beach – are easily accessible by car. Bali’s premier sports and leisure venue, Canggu Club, is two kilometers away, and fashionable Seminyak is approximately twenty minutes’ drive south.
With its grand black wooden doors adorned with intricate carvings and capped with traditional serap roof, the entrance to the villa sets the scene for what awaits beyond. Just inside, the Zen-infused water feature leads through to a superb single-storey pavilion. This open-sided expansive building forms the heart of the five-bedroom property; although built in traditional Indonesian style, it presents a predominately contemporary look. The pool area is edged by expansive and simple stone paving. Tucked away at the far end of the gardens rests a solitary balé (traditional Balinese gazebo). The gardens also reveal the property’s jewels: four antique-wood bedrooms, originally traditional Javanese Joglo houses, beautifully placed in a rough square formation.
The villa sleeps ten guests in five detached bedrooms accessed by paving stones dissecting the gardens and spaced far enough apart for ample privacy. Created from authentic antique Joglos, it’s not surprising that each of the five unique rooms evokes the lived-in feel of an age-old Indonesian dwelling. The bedrooms are individual in character, size and layout, although all feature the same traditional cone-shape serap roofs and walls of aged teak wood, and are furnished with king-size beds. Although emphasis is on the traditional, modern-day luxe concessions include air conditioning (tastefully camouflaged by wood grills), ceiling fan, safety deposit box, iPod dock.
Living, Dining, Kitchen and TV area
The stunning main pavilion is mainly open-plan, built in traditional design but with a contemporary Indonesian style. Light and airy, the pavilion is open-sided, cooled by breezes and ceiling fan, and protected from the elements by simple coconut blinds. The building has been constructed using quality natural materials from across Indonesia including terrazzo and woods.
Pool, Pool bar, Garden and Bale
Sprawling out from the pavilion, the gardens comprise lawns edged by typically tropical foliage, such as birds of paradise blooms and banana plants. Access to the bedrooms, pool area and balé is by way of simple paving stones. The centre-stage infinity-edge pool (20 x 6.5m) is one of the villa’s few overall visible concessions to modern-day living; crafted from natural stone it is attentively guarded by four Buddhist statuettes dotted along the water’s edge. The stone-paved pool terrace provides three double-sized polyrattan sun loungers and thick cotton sunshades – perfect for long lazy days.
the villa boasts a dedicated team of staff (manager, cooks, housekeeping, butlers, gardners, security, …) to service guests in the villa.
The villa rests among the rice fields of Berawa, one of several villages in Canggu district, a sleepy, but increasingly awakening, coastal locale home to a number of luxury private residences.
A string of wildly beautiful beaches renowned for their surf are close by, some within easy walking distance. Bali’s trendiest enclave, Seminyak, is approximately twenty minutes drive south, crammed with chic boutiques and hip n’ happening nightlife and restaurants, while less than ten minutes’ drive from the Villa is Bali’s premier sports and leisure venue, Canggu Club, providing international-standard dining and leisure facilities.
Distances from the villa
To Denpasar Airport: 15km
To Seminyak: 3km
To Tanah Lot/ Nirwana Bali Golf Club: 10km
To Canggu Club: 2km
To Batu Belig Beach: 1.5km
To Echo Beach: 3.5km
To Canggu Beach: 7 km
Things to do
· Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Canggu Club, less than ten minutes drive away, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. Villa guests can pay day rates to enjoy the facilities on offer here. Reward your work-outs with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Deli.
· A string of naturally beautiful beaches, some renowned for their surf, are all within relatively easy access. Nearest beach to the villa is Berawa, a five minute stroll away, but for the best surf, head to legendary surfing haunt, Echo Beach (3.5km). Whichever beach you choose, all are in prime position for fabulous sunsets.
· If you’ve always wanted to gallop along a beach or ride through villages bordered by rice fields, now’s your chance. Bali Horse Adventure, located en route to Echo Beach, can arrange horse riding tours, as well as children’sriding lessons and romantic horse-drawn carriage outings.
· On Canggu Beach, be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali. Bali’s first museum-hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques, while its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, this makes a wonderful first night stop.
· Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; make sure you receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests.
· Alternatively, view Tanah Lot from the 12th hole of Nirwana Bali Golf Course. Bordered by the Indian Ocean and rice fields just down from the sea temple, no wonder this championship-standard course designed by golf legend, Greg Norman is frequently voted Asia’s number one.
· Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hotfoot it down to Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here,you can indulge for hours in the glut of global-inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars – including much hyped Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront.
· Drive westwards to explore the unchartered West Bali region, where the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – treasures that Bali is famed for.
For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes, drive directly north from the villa to the mountain town of Bedugal. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
3000 m² Property
Living area : 550 m²
05 Bedrooms ( air conditioned )
- Number of rooms : 05
- Adjoining rooms : /
- Number of "King Size" bed(s) : 5
- Number of "Queen Size" bed(s) : /
- Number of double bed(s) : /
- Number of single bed(s) : /
- Bed(s) infants : /
- Extra bed(s) : /
- Number of bathroom(s) : 5
- Number of living room(s) : 2
- Number of air conditioned living room(s) : /
- Projection room
Swimming pools, Jacuzzis and spas
- Number of pools : 1
- Main pool : 120 m²
- Number of jacuzzi(s) : /
- CD/DVD player
- Ipod plug
- Hair drier
- Safety-deposit boxes : 5
- Number of TV : 3
- TV with satellite channels : 3
- Car with driver
- Additional car
- Airport Transport
- VIP Transport
Luxury and Organization staff
- 24 Hour Guard
- Babysitter on demand
- English Spoken
- Maintenance & Service
FacilitiesAdapted to the age of 10 : No
Book your villa online
Booking on the site is subject to check the availability and only considered as an option
An advisor will call you to confirm your reservation
* Note : Prices do not include taxes.
The total price of your cart (after validation) mention an additional 15.5% tax to price listed below depending on the chosen period.
Your stay will start at 3 PM and the villa has to be available before 12 AM the departure day.Terms of Sales
When you valide your booking, you will accept the terms and conditions (see below) :
Average ratings by our customers and our Bali- Premium Team
*Note : until now, no notice was given by one of our clients on this villa
GLOBAL : Average of all scores
Comfort and maintenance
HOLIDAY-MAKERS : Average scores given by 0 holiday-makers
Comfort and maintenance
BALI-PREMIUM : Average scores given by Bali-Premium
Comfort and maintenance
Word of Mouth and Pianeta Sudest, is an architectural and interior design firm founded in 2005 by partners, Valentina Audrito […]
Graduating from Lisbon architecture university in 1998, Maria Paeva has been an active member of the portugueses Association of architects and has […]
Tugu features private dining rooms that serves different dishes for the guests. For more information, please visit the official website.
Word of Mouth is a gallery, a shop, a café, a design consultancy, and a new label all presented in […]
All of their activities are daily trips. Dry or raining season SEEBALI ADVENTURES challenge must go on. Depend to your […]
The spa of the Tugu Bali hotel offers different unforgettable experiences of treatments. Some examples of them: : : WAROENG […]
ONE OF Asia ‘s most unique spas. Prana won Spa’s asia’s award for best spa design. Prana is the perfect […]
Bali Premium is glad to present you this spa located in Bali Seminyak On offer is a range of […]
Bali Premium is glad to present you the Sardine Restaurant Bali Located In Seminyak area. Pascal Chevillot, French is […]
Piment Rouge expanded its furniture production five years ago to include lighting. The company’s French designers Claire Guillot and Ken […]
The chef Will Meyric was the leading light at Jimmy Liks and Long Grain, two of Australia’s hottest bar/restaurants, and […]
Oka Diputra is one of the best fashion designer from Bali, with products under the category of Garments, Textiles & […]
Places to visit in the region South-West
To help you choose the villa that best suits your needs , take a look to the shops, activities and restaurants a few kilometers around…